Sunday, October 22, 2006

VIDEO: North Dakota hunter kills mountain lion

Oct 19 2006 7:33PM
KXMBTV

Video clip of news story is at: http://www.kxmb.com/video.asp?ArticleId=56718&VideoId=2439


Kent Ferguson and his two hunting dogs needed some exercise.

And so he and his companions headed for the Lansford area yesterday to see if they could scare up some pheasants.

But by the end of his hunting trip, Ferguson had bagged the second mountain lion of the state's season.

He says it happened when one of his dogs jumped into some cattails.

"I heard a growl and then I heard her yipe and she came flying out of there and had blood on her nose. I called her back to me, and then called my other dog back to me, and we took a few steps forward and the mountain lion was crossing our paths about ten yards away."

Three shots brought down the big cat. And Ferguson says he plans to save the memory forever.

"This is a once in a lifetime thing, I'll never have another one so we're going with a full mount on it and we're looking forward to it. (You got a room to put it in, or maybe you'll build a room around it?) I think it's going to have to go to my place of business or someplace else to put it in because my hunting room isn't big enough.

Ferguson's dog got some stitches at the veterinarian today and is doing fine.

http://www.kxmb.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=56738

No comments: